transfer switch

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: transfer switch
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:28:01 -0600
do you want to switch the whole house or just selected circuits ??

I use a 200 amp whole house switch...  it goes between the meter and my
main box...  common goes to the breaker box, one side to the power co and
one side to my generator (10kw)  when I need it... I cut the main breaker
in the breaker box... throw the transfer switch from power co to
generator... then turn on the whatever breakers I want to run... i.e.
freezers, furnace, refridgerator..etc...  makes it a lot easier...

box is made by Ronk Electric and cost around 200 bucks...

never failed me and gives me complete flexibility in what I want to run..
the only rewire was the main feed from the meter to the breaker box... all
the house wiring stayed the same..

john

Why do women always ask questions that have no right answer ????