RE: carry around tool kit.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: carry around tool kit.
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:50:27 -0800
> Does AAA have any restrictions on the 100 mile towing thing?  Like only a
> certain number of times a year or to the nearest dealer up to 100 miles
> away or whatever?

There is a sharp limit on the number of times per year ... 3 I think.  Also,
a normal AAA membership is only good for something like 15 miles (at least
in CA), you need the 'plus' membership to get the 100 miles (or is it
unlimited ?)  And, you can't just sign up for 'plus' (even though it costs
twice as much), they have to invite you ... I think the standard is that you
have to go an entire membership year without needing roadside assistance
before you're eligible.  And, I'll bet that if you start using it 3 times
every year, they will eventually decline to renew your membership.

Someone once said a banker is someone who will only loan you an umbrella
when it isn't raining ... insurance companies (like AAA) work much the same
way.

Randall