AAA - was carry around tool kit.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: AAA - was carry around tool kit.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:19:55 -0500
At 06:19 PM 1/30/2004 -0500, Mark Andy wrote:

>Does AAA have any restrictions on the 100 mile towing thing?  Like only a
>certain number of times a year or to the nearest dealer up to 100 miles
>away or whatever?
>
>It'd be worth it for insurance to me to have a guaranteed tow back to my
>house with our used cars, but I can't see how AAA could make any money if
>many people actually got stuff towed even 50 miles...

Mark,

Yes the do.  Number of tows per year per person - 4.  If a AAA member is
in someone else's car and it brakes down, AAA will tow it under the members
card.  The regular AAA policy is something like 5 mi. for a tow.  However,
the Plus plan is up to 100 mi.  It really paid off when I was on a trip,
and my Van broke down 90 mi. from home.  I call AAA and had the car towed
to my house.  I rented a car (/w AAA's help & discount) and continued on
my trip.  When I returned home, my van was sitting at my house, waiting for
me to fix her.

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic