Re: More air compressor ???

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: More air compressor ???
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:40:20 -0800
At 05:28 AM 1/13/2004, Don Malling wrote:
>Hi Mike,
>
>Do you use a pressure regulator to control pressure at the tool
>independently from pressure in the tank. That is, you can run the tool at
>90 PSI and the tank at 175 PSI.

  I initially had a big regulator at the tank outlet and would lower the
pressure the my working pressure in the line throughout the shop. However
my compressor is not the easiest to access and I got tired of going to it
to change the pressure quite often.

   I plumbed the entire shop in 3/4" pipe and purchased 5 regulators and
put a regulator at each outlet of the plumbing, the pipe now has tank
pressure in it and I have a regulator at the points where I plug in the
flex line.  It works great, I have 5 outlets (actually 4 fixed and one
50ft. hanging reel) and just 10to20ft of hose at each outlet, I set the
pressure I need at each one and the hose is short enough to not get in my way.

   This of course costs more than the previous one regulator setup but I
like it a lot and it works really well for me.  I did try tool mounted
regulators but I didn't like that and the cheaper ones were not very reliable.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/