RE: More air compressor ???

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More air compressor ???
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:42:34 -0500
I use a pressure regulator just outside of the tank for the entire system.
That way I can easily regulate the pressure for whatever tool I am using.

Gordie Bird

Hi Mike,

Do you use a pressure regulator to control pressure at the tool
independently from pressure in the tank. That is, you can run the tool
at 90 PSI and the tank at 175 PSI.

I have been told that such tool pressure regulators don't work well, so
you really can't run the tank at full pressure. You must set the tank
pressure equal to the required tool pressure.

Don Malling