RE: More air compressor ???

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More air compressor ???
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:55:47 -0800
> I have been told that such tool pressure regulators don't work well,

It's a matter of getting one that will flow enough air to feed whatever tool
you're using.  I got one from HF, but was careful to pick the version with
1/2" fittings ... it seems to flow 4 cfm OK but bogs down at 6.  The one
that came with the cheapo compressor would not.

> so you really can't run the tank at full pressure. You must set the tank
> pressure equal to the required tool pressure.

Most air tools will run happily on more pressure than specified.  The main
exception is things like paint guns, that really need a constant pressure to
work well.

Randall