More concrete floor

To: Team shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: More concrete floor
From: "Brian C. Kennedy" <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:37:24 -0400
While we're on the subject of concrete floors. I have a walkout basement
concrete floor that had the old 9" tiles. The house was built in 1910, so I
have no idea how old the floor is. My plan was to remove the tiles and paint
the floor. I heard, however, that the adhesive in the old tiles had a lot of
asbestos. So, I'm wondering what the best approach might be for cleaning up
the old adhesive, then prepping the floor for paint. I'd planned to use
epoxy paint, but I see Ray used Harddeck. Ray, you say this is really nasty
to use. What precautions would you take in a walkout basement?
Thanks
Brian
--
Brian C. Kennedy