Re: Lincoln AC-225

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Lincoln AC-225
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:27:24 -0400
Don,

I have a Lincoln SP-125.  When I bought it at a local welding supply place,
they took me out to the loading dock and showed me these heavy metal bumper
things on the loading dock.  They said they welded them with an SP-125.  I
don't know if that was just so much salesman hooey, but I was
impressed.  There was a multiple pass technique, if I remember right.  I
would recommend that you go visit a couple of local welding supply
places.  If you find a good one, you will get an education.  As for the
projects you have in mind, I have considered many of the same ones.  They
are good learning experiences, but unless you get a lot of your materials
for free, you won't be able to beat the prices of Harbor Freight, Northern
Tool, Homier, etc.  I've also heard it said that few have succeeded in
building a trailer for less than buying one.  They are good experiences,
though, and if the items sold don't meet your needs for some reason, you
can build your own to your own specs.  Just consider the alternatives.

-Steve