RE: Under the hood temperature

To: "'shoptalk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Under the hood temperature
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:41:06 -0600
If you want the header go for it.  However generally a header adds
nothing to performance, it does however weigh less.  Headers do have a
'cool' factor but may not solve the problem.

In the many years I've been dealing with MGs I've not heard of a vapor
lock issue.  You may have something else going on.  Like low fuel
pressure.

The suggestion to try insulating the fuel line is a good one.  You might
also pour about 1 cup of diesel fuel in a full tank of gasoline.  This
will lower the volatility of the fuel.  If after doing these two items
your vapor lock goes away you're on the right track.  If not, I suspect
you don't have vapor lock.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
(PS Last weekend I raced my MGB vintage race car in 109'F heat, no vapor
lock. Water temp 230'F, Oil temp 260'F)