RE: Under the hood temperature

To: "Mike Sloane" <msloane@att.net>
Subject: RE: Under the hood temperature
From: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:20:38 -0700
...and I nearly revealed my youth and lack of knowledge of old English
cars by asking "what's a knock-off hub hammer?"

So why didn't knock off nuts have flats for a wrench to go on them?  Is
the air wrench a more modern invention than I realize?  Surely it's not
faster to spin a nut on by hand and finish with a hammer than to run it
on with an air gun.  When the air gun isn't available (like for roadside
repairs) a long enough lever can do it, right?

keithka
whose diesel shuts off just fine now, thanks to a new motor attached to
the fuel shutoff valve (and Scarff Isuzu's helpful parts guy)