Re: Under the hood temperature

To: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>, shoptalk
Subject: Re: Under the hood temperature
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:48:31 -0600
Bill:

I can't imagine why you'd need any gauge that went over 250F.  So my
suggestions are:

For the air temp on the bumper buy an electrically operated indoor
outdoor temperature gauge.  I think they're around $15 at Wally World,
Come-a-Part, etc.

Have you ever checked to see if a plain old electrically operated engine
temp gauge would work without immersion?  I would think it would.  If
not, make up a small tank of water (A coolant overflow tank should
work.) and put the probe in it.  Move the tank where you want it.

IMO the only part in the engine compartment that might go over 250F is
the exhaust manifold and pipes.

Blake