Re: next question - cable access vrs DSL

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: next question - cable access vrs DSL
From: "Michael Lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:24:42 -0700
Hi there,
I have DirecPC, here in Napa, CA. Download speed is ok sometime, about 750Kb
(1/2 DSL), uploads max at 26.5Kb, (which is fastest my modem works here
anyway), if you can run faster, that is what you get. It is my only fair
option, at least I can get to the net. Tried the 2Way, gave it back.
Downloads about the same, uploads max at 46Kb, for $60 per month, plus the
same outages for whatever anyway, not worth it. I am trying to get an ISP in
town to really do the wireless system they said they would. If I could find
someone with a T1, good DSL, I would setup a 802.11a and really get some
bandwidth. It could be done in 2 hops, from town.
Regards,
Michael Lowe