Re: next question - cable access vrs DSL

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: next question - cable access vrs DSL
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:37:48 -0600
All of this talk about connect speeds reminds me of how much extra
garbage one has to go through to get information off the WEB.

Back when I first started with telephone access to BBSs I used a 300
baud modem on a Commodore 64.  Everyone wrote tight code for programs.
Information was in ASCII text.

IMO, if we could get away from the "You are a winner" and other banners
and advertisements, and RTF, HTML messages, and the over use of quotes
and forwards, I bet internet traffic would drop over 25%.  Maybe even
50%.

That's why I use some sites way more than others and turn of the HTML
messaging.

My two cents
Blake