Re: next question - cable access vrs DSL

To: <JNiolon@uss.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: next question - cable access vrs DSL
From: "John Viviani" <geeno@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:47:43 -0400
I use a cable modem now. I won't name the service but if you are smart
enough to be on this list you can figure it out. I am told by Linksys (I use
their wireless router, their network card, their modem (have the cable
companies but prefer the Linksys), etc etc) that my cable service is one of
the best. Let me put it this way if I have one of the best I would hate to
see the worst. Overall theirs is the only broadband I have ever used, and
still would not go back. I would not let price drive the choice and the
equipment needs are very similar. Your best bet is to goto the local
computer stores (or if you have a on line gamming place)and strike up
conversations with the young geeky people or the salespeople who are not
afraid of getting sued. see what they say.

I do feel cable is the better of the two if you do a lot of online gaming,
however.

Gino
03 Mini Cooper S(July Delivery)-01 Dodge Ram Sherrod Conversion Van-96
Miata(for sale)-95 Wrangler-79 LiL Red Truck(for sale)-62 Chrysler Newport
(19K org miles)- ?? Lotus 7 Replica