Re: Parts washer?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts washer?
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:35:11 EDT
If you need the washer ITMT, you can buy the heavy duty pump by itself from
Harbor Freight (www.harborfrieght.com).  It is $39.99, p.n. 5286.  Shipping
is free if you get the order up to $50.  Maybe the heavy duty pump will work
longer.  By the looks of the picture, it is mostly plastic, so who knows.

I'm not sure a drill operated pump will work well.  Think of the drill after
a half hour of constant use.

You might try using diluted Simple Green as a degreaser.  It should work
pretty well, it smells nice, and it won't attack the pump.

I hate this disposable society we live in.  I remember the days when you
could get things fixed!  (Or fix them yourself.)

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"