Re: RE: How to shingle almost flat roof?

To: datesmanaric@netscape.net, "\"Keith Kaplan\""
Subject: Re: RE: How to shingle almost flat roof?
From: Lawrence R Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:02:36 -0600
He's talking about roll roofing.
----- Original Message -----
From: <datesmanaric@netscape.net>
To: ""Keith Kaplan"" <keithka@microsoft.com>; <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:02 PM

> Keith,
>
> I haven't measured it yet, but I would think its 1" in every 12".  It
currently has shingles on it and was ok per the inspector we had in when we
bought the house a few years back, so I suspect there's enough of a pitch
for the shingles.  As for the "roll shingle" thing I have no idea what
they're actually called.  Its a single asphalt shingle, 36" wide and 30'
long that comes rolled up.  Seemed as good a term as any.  Its what was used
when we had a minor repair done when we moved it.

> No certs to worry about, for the roof or otherwise.  Never ceases to amaze
me.  Our main concern is that there is a leak and since the roof that's on
it looks bad anyway (and will detract from the selling price) the $200 in
materials to rip it off and redo it makes sence.