RE: RE: How to shingle almost flat roof?

To: datesmanaric@netscape.net, keithka@microsoft.com ("Keith Kaplan"),
Subject: RE: RE: How to shingle almost flat roof?
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 18:35:37 GMT
>I haven't measured it yet, but I would think its 1" in every 12".  It currently
has shingles on it and was ok per the inspector we had in when we bought the
house a few years back, so I suspect there's enough of a pitch for the shingles.
 As for the "roll shingle" thing I have no idea what they're actually called.
 Its a single asphalt shingle, 36" wide and 30' long that comes rolled up.
Seemed as good a term as any.  Its what was used when we had a minor repair
done when we moved it.

I'd use a self-healing membrane under the roll-roofing, then be sure the buyer
knows it's there, to show them they are getting value.  A pitch that shallow
could be real trouble, and a membrane will help prevent trouble.

Phil Ethier