Re: How to shingle almost flat roof?

To: datesmanaric@netscape.net
Subject: Re: How to shingle almost flat roof?
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:44:41 -0800
Hey, I actually know a few answers here!

The stuff is called (cleverly enough) rolled roofing.  I used some on my garage
at the last place I lived.  I put down roofing felt with a staplegun
(overlapped to the lines on the paper, about 6" or so) then rolled this stuff
out, starting with the lower edge.  Lift the edges up and spread roofing
sealant about 3" under each edge.  Nail the lower edge down.  The upper edge
will get nailed after the next course goes on.  The sides will get it when you
put a metal edge over it ( after the
whole roof is done).  Repeat until the roof is covered.  Finish the top edge
and sides with metal drip edging and you're done.

Oh yeah.  Wear clothes that you plan on tossing, as you will get oodles of the
roofing goo on you and not want to wash them.

Mark Miller