RE: RE: How to shingle almost flat roof?

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: RE: RE: How to shingle almost flat roof?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:02:06 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Phil Ethier wrote:

> I'd use a self-healing membrane under the roll-roofing, then be sure the buyer
> knows it's there, to show them they are getting value.  A pitch that shallow
> could be real trouble, and a membrane will help prevent trouble.

I was going to suggest this as well.  a while back my mom's house got
re-roofed and the guy used this stuff to do a small section of roof that
kept leaking with shingles.  the pitch is a lot more than 1" per foot,
fwiw.  didn't put any shingles on top of it either.  this was probably
8-10 years ago and no leaks since then.  the downside is that he said the
stuff was freakishly expensive.  the space he did was ~36 sq. ft. and he
said he was happy he didn't have to do more.

scott