Sand Blasting Cabinets

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sand Blasting Cabinets
From: "Forest Majors" <forest.majors@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:12:20 -0500
My next shop tool is going to be a sand/glass bead blasting cabinet. Having
been inspired by someone's suggestion about building a dirty room has
motivated me to consider acquiring a cabinet for my future dirty room!

I have a 60 Gallon 5HP Ingersoll Rand two stage compressor rated at
15CFM/175PSI  and I have a pressure blaster for larger jobs - fenders, small
animals, etc..

So the following questions on blasting cabinets come to mind:

What is the minimum cabinet size to consider for a home garage/auto
restoration guy to consider?

What is the maximum size for the same guy - cost being a consideration?

We are talking a couple of cars and maybe an old tractor here...

Opinions on the kits based on plywood construction for the cabinet.

And opinions on specific retailers/manufacturers.

Thanks...

Forest Majors

///