Re: Scroll Saw and Drill Press Heights

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scroll Saw and Drill Press Heights
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:37:31 EST
> I am going to build a pair of "roll around" work stands for a large scroll
> saw and a work bench drill press.
>
> The drill press is currently sitting on a 34 inch work bench and seems to be
> on the high side for me. This is a 12" Delta press and the average location

I also have the 12" Delta benchtop press.  I built a stand for it
which is 32" high.  This has worked well, and seems to be about
right (for me).  I picked the height by looking at the floor mounted presses,
and seeing the chuck height on them.  This works out so the chuck is
just a bit below mid chest high on me.

Joe

///