Re: Sand Blasting Cabinets

To: "Forest Majors" <forest.majors@snet.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sand Blasting Cabinets
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:03:41 -0800
>What is the minimum cabinet size to consider for a home garage/auto
>restoration guy to consider?

  Since you have a pressure blaster, the size of the beading cabinet is
probably not that important.  You will probably do the larger pieces with
the pressure blaster, just a guess...

>Opinions on the kits based on plywood construction for the cabinet.

  I got the kit from TIP tools and built it up, I love it and use it A
LOT.  It was not much cheaper to build from the kit once I got all the
incidentals thrown in but it was still less expensive and I got exactly
what I needed.  I changed the dimensions on it to make it taller and
deeper, I also made the door larger than the plans called for.  My only
complaint is that the plywood is kind of rough on the inside and beads tend
to get stuck at the top of the funnel, I have to smack the sides once in a
while to get  all the beads down to the pickup tube.  A nice slick coat of
paint might solve the problem someday.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/