Scroll Saw and Drill Press Heights

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scroll Saw and Drill Press Heights
From: "Forest Majors" <forest.majors@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:47:14 -0500
OK Shop Listers,

I am going to build a pair of "roll around" work stands for a large scroll
saw and a work bench drill press. Any opinions of the ideal height for the
scroll saw platform and/or the bench drill press platform?

The drill press is currently sitting on a 34 inch work bench and seems to be
on the high side for me. This is a 12" Delta press and the average location
of the drill's table/platform is about 15" from it's base. Would appreciate
any rules of thumb that might be applicable for determining the best height.

The scroll saw is currently sitting on the floor waiting for a work stand.
This is an old cast iron scroll saw with a 24 inch depth and 32" iron base -
a very substantial scroll saw. It's table is about 12" from it's base.

My intention is to build two portable workbench's for these tools so that I
can move them around the shop.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Forest Majors - getting ready for the winter months in Connecticut

///