RE: CB Radios.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: CB Radios.
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:13:59 -0500
"Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM> wrote:

> > was very simple just to switch to neg ground rather than trying
> > to modify the CB.
>
> Another alternative, although it adds to the overall price, is to use a
> converter to power the CB.  For example
> http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=5126&BQ=jcw2

However, don't most CB radios use the metal case as a common
ground?  Then if you mount the metal bracket to a metal car, you
have just created a short circuit...   Or am I missing something?

I once (in my young stupid days) mounted an under dash, negative
ground, 8-track in my Positive ground Triumph.  I solved the polarity
problem by mounting the 8-track to a piece of wood, and attaching
the wood under the dash...   Like I said, stupid...   But I didn't have
a Positive ground radio....

Tim Mullen

///