Re: CB Radios.

To: bn1@pacbell.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CB Radios.
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:41:55 EST
In a message dated 11/6/01 10:40:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, bn1@pacbell.net
writes:

> The restoration of my '53 Austin-Healey will soon be finished and
> it'll be time to go touring again.  I plan on putting a CB in it but
> haven't bought one since the "Convoy" days of the '70's.
>
> Has anyone kept up with the technology?  Any experience or
> opinions as to brands or models?

- - - - - - - - - - -

My son used to be big into CB, but he says that it is dropping off in
popularity.  He didn't mount one in his new (new? 1980) pickup.  I would
probably just buy a 5 watt walkie talkie.  All of them have to include all 40
channels and 5 watts is the legal limit for CB.  No license is required for
CB anymore.  The walkie talkie won't require any hard wiring or mounting.
That will probably be good enough to stay in touch with some truckers for
road conditions.

Just my 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward