RE: CB Radios.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: CB Radios.
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:28:09 -0500
"Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM> wrote:

> After learning how easy it is to convert a Triumph to negative ground, I
> wouldn't do it any other way.  Although it's best to switch the connections
> to the ammeter and ignition coil, it will actually work if you just switch
> the connections to the battery !  Polarize the generator (which can be done
> by simply mashing the cutout contacts closed with your thumb) and off you
> go.

Well sure...   I all makes sense now that I'm older and smarter...

But like I said, then, I was young and stupid...   8-)

It was 30 years ago, I was only 18, and it was my first car.  And it wasn't
like
the TR-4 was an old valuable car - at the time, it was just a 7 year old,
cheap,
fun car.  But my justification for having it was good gas milage - 25 mpg on my
daily 70 mile round trip to college (gotta love the overdrive!!) - 14 mpg on
the
weekends.  But the weekends were a lot of fun....   8-)

Still wish I had it too...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA
72 Lotus Elan Sprint
94 Miata R Package
and several other less interesting cars...

///