Re: Wood stove for shop

To: kmr@pil.net, wrace@gte.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood stove for shop
From: "Dave Munroe" <brutusdog1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:00:38 -0300
Kai wrote:

Now Dave, how many cords of hardwood do you suppose 1 1/2 tons is?  ;-)

>Hmm, four cords of hardwood being delivered Monday :-(  And guess who gets
>to stack it.

Kai: you got me!

Of course I meant to say "1 1/2 CORDS of wood equals a 1 ton of
pellets....."
But then stacking the fuel is one of the great points of pellet stoves: you
can store a ton of pellets cleanly and neatly in your shed, garage or even
basement, each plastic bagful sealed until you get it to the stove, no
sawdust, mud, mess or bugs trailing behind you. Also, 1 1/2 cords of wood
takes up 192 cu. ft. of space; a ton of pellets approximately 64 cu. ft.
(they're dense!)
And yup, I get to stack it!

Dave