Re: Wood stove for shop

To: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Subject: Re: Wood stove for shop
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:06:58 -0400
I use an Empire direct vent propane heater.  It's great and heats up very
fast.  Mine isn't really an exposed flame heater.  The flame is inside a
chamber that gets combustion air from outside, and exhausts to
outside.  Room air is circulated around this  chamber, and gets hot from
the hot metal chamber.  The flame is "logically outside".  So far, the only
downside has been that propane prices have gone sky high during the last
two winters, here in NY.

-Steve Trovato
trovato@computer.net

At 09:03 AM 10/15/01 -0400, Timothy R. Hoerning wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Phil Ethier wrote:
>
> > The first thing you may find is that wood heat in a car shop is prohibited.
> > It is where I live.
>
>         Why is a wood stove prohibited?  What makes it more dangerous
> that any
>other exposed flame heat?  And why only in car shops?

///