Re: compressor fittings

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: compressor fittings
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:17:06 -0400
Hello Scott,

SH> I looked on the compressor and can't find a name for the
SH> manufacturer--it's a _six_ cylinder pump originally used in a dentist's
SH> office and until now I coveted that thing with a vengence.  fairly small
SH> tank, maybe 20 gallons.

Try a local hydraulics shop, they might be able to make something or
identify the fitting.  I use one that can find and match most of the
weird stuff I bring in and they will make any type of hose in any
length.

Another approach is talk to your dentist.  Ask him what type of
compressor he uses.  Ask for any documentation that he has and call
that company.  If they did not make it, a guy in their repair shop
will know who is their competitors and might know who made a 6
cylinder compressor.  It would help if your dentist is an old guy.  If
your dentist fails try your wife's or your brother in-law.  Most
people are more than willing to help with these weird type of
projects.  Just be prepared to burn up the phone lines calling
manufactures  and what not.  I have had luck tracking things in this
manner, it just takes some time and good notes.

Oh yeah see if you can get a look at your dentist compressor, it might
have some markings and calling that company is a good place to start.
Ask who fixes their compressors, and who has gone out of business.
Time to put on you hat and light your pipe Holmes.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

///