Re: compressor fittings

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: compressor fittings
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:37:39 -0400
At 03:45 PM 9/15/01 -0400, Scott Hall wrote:

>I'm helping my brother-in-law do to his compressor the same think I did to
>mine--remove the tank-to-pump line and replace it with a radiator.  on his
>though, the fitting holding the line to the pump is this freaky
>compression-esque thing.  instead of a copper compression ring there's a
>rubber o-ring.  the o-ring fits into a depression on the pump-line and
>the fitting screws into the pump,....

Scott,

  Look up Truck or Fleet supply in your local Yellow pages.  There are many
shops around most towns that can make pressure lines for truck brakes, and
hydrolics.  Take the original piece with you (if you can).  They may be able
to reproduce it for you.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan