[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Multi-table?

Subject: Re: Multi-table?
From: Joe Flake <>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:28:13 EDT
> Does anyone know what you call the machine that has a table that moves in 2
> planes (horizontal and vertical) with a fixed router next to it? 
When I hear the term:
> "Horizontal Boring Machine"
the term which comes to mind is "Shopsmith" (and its lookalikes).

This somewhat fits your description, but may not be what you
had in mind.  "Horizontal Boring Machine" is one of the tool's
configurations.  (go to and select
"the five tools" to get to their description of horizontal
boring machine)

No, I don't have one, but I'm always impressed by the slick
demo their reps can do at a tradeshow or mall setup.  I'll stick
with my separate table saw, drill press, and sander -- and keep
wishing for a lathe...


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>