Re: stuff growing under my house

To: JNiolon@uss.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stuff growing under my house
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
JNiolon@uss.com writes:
> My question...#1 what is this stuff growing on my floor joists and how do I
> treat it to kill/neutralize/get rid of it.   I would imagine that it is
> doing some type of damage and should be eliminated.   #2  what else should
> I do to eliminate the moisture problem under the house

While most molds are harmless, there are some that have lead to
very serious health problems.  I really don't want to cause panic
or raise anyone's concern too high, but you probably should be
pretty aggressive and persistant in solving this problem.

The following article describes a horror story you don't want to experience:

  http://www.usaweekend.com/99_issues/991205/991205mold.html

John Miller