Re: stuff growing under my house

To: JNiolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: stuff growing under my house
From: JGN <jgn@li.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:34:38 -0400 (EDT)
I thought you had added tarps on top of the ground
surface.  Moisture barriers are usually added underneath a skim coat of
concrete, and that's fine.  If you have a loose tarp just lying on top,
moisture might be collecting between the top of the ground surface
(concrete?) and the bottom of the tarp.  If you added loose tarps on top
of the concrete, then the moisture barrier underneath the concrete is
preventing moisture from coming up through the ground, but the loose tarps
on top are preventing any maoisture in between from drying out.  If that
is the case I would lose them.

John