Re: stuff growing under my house

To: JNiolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: stuff growing under my house
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
I would agree that the polyethelene is important for holding the moisture
away from the airspace under the house.  But if the moisture is really
coming from under it, then it may be a more difficult fix.  If there is
that much moisture, sloping the dirt under the tarp to a low point and
adding a sump pump could help. Around here (West of Portland OR) we have
a very low water table, couple that with the rainy season (Jan-Dec) and
lots of people get standing water in the crawl space and need a pump.

John Miller