Fw: Question about TIG

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Question about TIG
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:22:48 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Donald H. Locker

> After doing a bunch of reading, experimenting, and taking a few
> classes (where we learned and got to practice elementary gas, MIG, TIG
> welding and brazing and soft soldering, I decided to buy a gas torch
> for routine work.  My next welding investment will probably be a TIG,
> but I do like the gas rig.  The pace is a little more relaxed, or
> something like that.

Dittos from me . . . When I want to be absolutely sure, I seem to use the
gas rig and let the
"short-circuit" MIG and  the AC/DC stick welder sit idle . . . gas does
about the same things but in "slow-motion" and with much more control.   I
guess I'll add TIG someday cause it seems an easy transition and it's even
more versatile . . .

Tony_______________________@Sherman.Texas