Re: Question about TIG

To: shiples@home.com
Subject: Re: Question about TIG
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:52:40 -0400
Hi, Steve.

20 CFH does sound like enough gas flow.  Distance to the work should
be quite short -- on the order of 2 to 4 mm, I would say.  And once
you get to clean bare metal, you should be all set even on the old
stuff.  So have some fun practicing.

After doing a bunch of reading, experimenting, and taking a few
classes (where we learned and got to practice elementary gas, MIG, TIG
welding and brazing and soft soldering, I decided to buy a gas torch
for routine work.  My next welding investment will probably be a TIG,
but I do like the gas rig.  The pace is a little more relaxed, or
something like that.

Good luck.
Donald.