RE: Question about TIG

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Question about TIG
From: Brandon Dixon <dixon@cs.ua.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:49:19 -0500

These are all very good points, and I'll add one more idea that I thought
that some of the more experienced TIGers would suggest:  It sounded to me
like you were welding on sheet metal on a vehicle.  It is quite possible to
get contamination of the weld pool from the BACK side of the metal.  Any oil
or grease or undercoat, etc back there can mess things up big time.

Brandon Dixon