Re: Paving a brick walkway....

To: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Paving a brick walkway....
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:29:16 -0700
Regarding the walkway, I've been working on this sort of thing too.  I
ended up simply putting down 4" of 5/8-minus gravel and that is all.  It
"walks on" very nicely, doesn't shift under foot, and can be tamped and
topped with fancy pebbles if desired.  At $285 for 10 yards you can't
beat the price, and you could lay brick on top now or sometime later if
you want.  It is best to frame it in with something, I used broken
concrete, which was free.

You will find it hard to level dirt for laying bricks, those little
rocks normally found in dirt will drive you crazy.  If you have  very
sandy soil you might be able to lay directly on top of that however.

Have fun!
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle