Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?

To: <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:42:40 -0800
>>> Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> 11/26/1999 11:52:58 AM >>>
>
> On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Randall wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that the Craftsman torque wrenches are covered by
>> the lifetime guarantee, the 1 year thing only applies to their rated
>> accuracy.  So, I'd start by seeing if they will repair your old one.  If
>> they repair it, it will probably be as good as new, and if they replace
>> it with a current, lower quality model, you can always sell it on eBay
>
> actually, no.  the clicker torque wrenches are covered for one year only.
> after that you're on your own.  no lifetime warantee.  this is something
> I've found that they enforce--I've not been able to get the meat puppets
> there to swap my clicker wrench.

Actually, Yes.  The accuracy is guaranteed for a year, the mechanism for life
(it does say Craftsman on the handle).  As someone pointed out, you have
to push the point (I had to take it to the store manager), but they have to
repair/replace the wrench.  The rachet mechanism broke on mine...

Hey, no one said it would be easy...

Tim Mullen