Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?

To: "thom kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Enough already...how about torque wrenches?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:27:42 -0800
Scott Hall wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Randall wrote:
>
> > My understanding is that the Craftsman torque wrenches are covered by
> > the lifetime guarantee, the 1 year thing only applies to their rated
> > accuracy.  So, I'd start by seeing if they will repair your old one.  If
> > they repair it, it will probably be as good as new, and if they replace
> > it with a current, lower quality model, you can always sell it on eBay
>
> actually, no.  the clicker torque wrenches are covered for one year only.
> after that you're on your own.  no lifetime warantee.  this is something
> I've found that they enforce--I've not been able to get the meat puppets
> there to swap my clicker wrench.

OK, I could be mistaken.  Still, I'd get a copy of the little box (which
used to be prominently displayed) that says "All Craftsman hand tools
are guaranteed for life", then ask for the department manager and keep
saying things like "false advertising" and "lawsuit" and "So you admit
this isn't true ?".  Pick a nice busy day (like today), talk in a loud
voice, refuse to be taken to a nice quiet office (where no other
customers can hear), I'll bet he'll make good, just to shut you up.  If
not, ask for the store manager and repeat your act.  If he won't make
good, ask how to contact the district manager, etc.

Randall