Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:14:19 -0400
Michael D. Porter wrote:
> One of my complaints is that every time I have walked into a Sears store
> in the last twenty years with a broken Craftsman tool in my hand, I got
> an argument. First, the clerk would tell me it was not warranted (and,

I've heard that before from others... I think it depends on which
Sears you go to.  The local Sears... I have never gotten even a raised
eyebrow.

> And, yeah, I bought an air compressor from them six years ago, one with

Well, now, that's different.  I don't buy Craftsman power tools... I
get the name brands on those.  Don't trust the Craftsman power tools,
even if they are rebadged versions of name brand models.  Inherited
that from my dad.  He likes Craftsman hand tools, but won't touch
their power stuff.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster
     mailto:Heerschap@eng.kns.com