Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: Scott Whitehead <swhiteh3@mpdr0.detroit.mi.ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:42:58 -0400
I also have never had a problem returning a Craftsman tool.
When a friend and I had trouble with a bolt rounding off, we
had to weld the socket to the bolt.  TIG WELD!!  Speaking to
my friend the next day, he told me that he returned it for a
new one, WITH THE BOLT STILL WELDED TO IT!!!  Now, while I
consider this abuse of the spirit of the warranty, I think
it is a testament to Sears' policy.  I will continue to buy
Craftsman hand tools.