Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: Mike Frerichs <frerichs@tconl.com>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:26:24 -0500
On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 11:09:14PM -0500, Mike Frerichs wrote:
> So, anyone out there have the equipment to do some proper testing of
> the comparative strength of a few brands of wrenches?

Maybe I'm a wimp, but I've never broken or bent an end wrench.  I have
rounded off fasteners, though.  That's why I stick with 6-points and
almost always use the box end.  I'd like to see a test conducted
whereby the wrench-fastener interface is tested to see how much torque
it can withstand before something gives.  Brand new fasteners of
various hardnesses as well as scientifically ``old, buggered-up''
fasteners, too.
--
Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Bloomington, Indiana