Craftsman Wrenches

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Craftsman Wrenches
From: "Aaron Bergman" <bergman@oldihc.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:45:15 -0500
Just thought you might be interested in this reply I got from the Craftsman
people.  I was looking through their wrenches online and saw that they "now
have a raised panel for extra strength and weight."  yeah, right.  More like
cheap steel.  So I emailed them about it and got this...I find some of it
hard to believe...
"
We strive to make Craftsman tools the highest quality tools you could
possibly
buy.  In fact, Craftsman tools were rated the number one quality brand in
the
world in a recent study of over 800 brands.

Craftsman wrenches are made of high quality steel, and significantly exceed
ANSI
specs. This quality rating has not changed over the years."

I wish it were true!!
Aaron Bergman
http://members.xoom.com/49axial