Re: Workbench plans

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: Workbench plans
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:55:13 -0500
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> I believe that galvanized steel would be much cheaper (go to a HVAC place)
> and equally servicable. That's what I plan to use when I build my new bench.

Based on one year's experience galvanized steel is OK. I haven't dropped
any cyl blocks on it yet but otherwise OK.

Due to lack of time I went to Sears and bought couple of their galv
topped benches. Put all the drawers in one, put the two doors in the
other which now has kitchen sink let in for parts washer - pump,
container and all oil, cleaners etc underneath in this one. Both were
too low but I simply raised them on 2x3 leg extensions screwed into std
Sears legs.

Derek