Re: Workbench plans

To: shop-talk@triumph.cs.utah.edu, ken.landaiche@dlcc.com
Subject: Re: Workbench plans
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:56 -0400 (EDT)
     I know you want a substantial bench but you haven't mentioned
     budget...

     I noticed the other day in Home Depot that Simpson who makes the
     stong-tie construction plates, rafter ties etc...  they have a set of
     workbench plans using their plates, connectors etc that is very
     substantial...you can build to your specifications and use their
     joinery.  build in the shelving underneath that would hold your nice
     roller bearing slide cabinets.. I'm even invisioning a 3/16 formed
     removable steel top for the heavy/dirty stuff that would slide on or
     off as needed.

     It sure won't cost anything to look at their plans...  I think they
     are available on the web  www.strongtie.com.   There are also
     downloadable files for tech info, specs and a catalog request form.

     I've got the catalog and it is good reference material (from a
     bonifide catalog junkie...I love em)

     hope this helps

     john