Re:Lighting a Garage

To: shop-talk@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re:Lighting a Garage
From: Frank Woodward <gracious1@mcmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:24:33 +0000
Hi Gang from the UK
I do like reading this list even if I have to drool over some of the
gear available to you guys.
I've been following the illuminating (sic) thread re the lamps for
sheds. I have a 24x18 brick built shed some 150yrs old with lovely  8x4
beams to support my 2 ton chain hoist. To help the 4 tubes I have spread
across the beams  some silver coated plastic sheet, actually large 10x8
bags slit open and boy do they help the reflective power must be double
and at no cost.  These bags are liners for 1 ton of Nylon granules used
in injection moulding and are supported by an outer 7ply cardboard
cover, as the covers are cylindrical being 39" Dia. and 6' high I use
them as blast cabinets, my next project is to find out how to blast with
the nylon, but I think my little 2HP comp, don't have enough puff??

Frank Woodward looking and listening
Daily drivers   Citroen BX and Morris 1100 Mk1 (1965). restoring 79 Mini
Est, 67 Mini Mk1