Re: Parts Washer Warning

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, n.ny@intest.com
Subject: Re: Parts Washer Warning
From: johnm@ims.com (John Miller)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:13:11 -0700
Sounds similar to the stuff that I use from Gray-Mills. I forget the
actual product name, but I get it at the local NAPA store.  Its great
to use, cleans well, minimal odor, high flash point, and easy on the
hands.  Again, the drawback is the price. About $50 per 5 gallons.
I hadn't mentioned it up to now, since most people wanted a lower cost
solution.  My washer is also only a 5 gallon unit.

Some on this list mentioned floating the solvent on water to absorb much
of the filth and keep the costs down. Change the water more frequently
than the solvent. You just need to keep the pickup point higher in the tank.

John Miller