Re: Parts Washer Solvent

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Parts Washer Solvent
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 15:09:16 -0400
At 02:44 PM 4/9/98 -0400, Gerald Brazil wrote:
>Nils, tell me more. Do you dilute this with anything? Or do you need to buy
>4 containers for a 20 gallon washer? This would make the cost about $190
>plus you have to figure out how to get rid of it.
>
>I have been able to work out an arrangement  with my local SafteyKleen
>agent. I get a 20 gallon setup and cancel after one month. When I need to
>get a replacement (about once a year) I get another service setup and cancel
>again. This way they take to dirty fluid and dispose of it. I think I pay
>about $ 135 for the setup charge and fluid to use in my washer. Not cheap
>but it does solve the disposal problem.

You use the stuff straight out of the can.   I admit it is a little on the
expensive side, but then I only have a 3 gallon washer.  (I only have a 20
gallon one in my dreams)    I must admit I did not think of your clever
arrangement with SafteyKleen and I salute your ingeniousness.  Getting rid
of the stuff is not a big problem in most places.  The SafteyKleen guy told
me that most communities have a day where you can bring in hazardous waste
to be disposed of (in fact in my community it is the SafetyKleen guy who
comes in to pick up the stuff).  We have one of the SafteyKleen washers at
work and I have used it on occasion, but I think this other stuff actually
smells less and works better !

Regards   Nils