Re: Parts Washer Warning

To: On the Mark <otmc@bc1.com>
Subject: Re: Parts Washer Warning
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@navnet.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 16:01:25 -0400
Friends,

        I wonder how we all survived this lead scare stuff when it was only in
the
'70's
that toothpaste still came in LEAD tubes and dentists used to give us
liquid murcury to
take home and play with on the kitchen table!

Later,
Bob
(60+ and still kicking!)

At 11:24 AM 4/4/1998 -0800, you wrote:

>Thank you for the warning Nick
>

>At 01:24 PM 4/4/98 EST, Malaboge wrote:
>>
>>In a message dated 98-04-03 14:41:52 EST, you write:
>>
>><<
>>
>>  I set up a filter system on my washer using a remote filter adapter for
>> automotive filters,simply run the output of the pump to the filter and then
>>connect the flex hose
>> thingy to the output of the filter.I use either used oil filters,(except
the
>>ones off my diesel
>> rabbit--YUK!!)or cheap new filters. >>
>>

>>Guys-
>>Allow me to interject here on an important point...
>>Please do not use "used" oil filters on your setup. Lead from your engine
>>bearings accumulates in the oil filter when on the engine, you then run
>>solvent thru the filter on the tank, and the solvent is quickly polluted
with
>>the lead. Bare hands in the solvent, and breathing the vapors, result in
>>poisoning yourself with the lead.
>>
>>I already weigh enough...I don't need any extra "heavy" metal...
>>    Nick in Nor Cal

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
Home Page: http://www.navnet.net/~hamilton/index.htm
E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net